The best distance-to-line tool ever
The ProStart is specifically designed, from the ground up, to give you the easiest, most accurate distance to line measurements ever.
Setting the line is as simple as telling your crew to press the boat button as you sail by the RC and then the pin button as you sail by the pin.
Once youÂ?ve pinged both ends of the line, the ProStart uses the latest WAAS-augmented GPS technology to spit out an accurate distance to line measurement every half-second.
A countdown you can count on.
Start signals have a way of going off at the least convenient times. With the ProStart, when you hear or see any type of start signal itÂ?s the always the same drill: just hit the GUN button. If the timer isnÂ?t running, it will start. If the timer is running it will sync.
Synced to the wrong signal? No problem; the ProStart lets you independently adjust the number of minutes on the timer while the seconds keep on rolling.
Speed & Heading. Focus on the fundamentals.
Ten seconds after your start, the ProStart automatically switches to showing your GPS speed (SOG) and heading (COG). The accuracy and responsiveness of the speed measurements make the ProStart an unparalleled tool for optimizing your boatspeed.
Since SOG and COG describe your course over the bottom (where the marks are anchored) the ProStart is also an extremely powerful tool for determining the influence of current on your performance. When you cross a tideline, the numbers on the ProStart jump and you can instantly see how favorable the new current is.
Automatic shift tracking. Spot trends at a glance.
The ProStartÂ?s shift tracker locks on to the mean heading for your tack and then shows deviations from that heading with an easy-to-read bar graph.
If you tack or jibe again, the shift tracker detects this, resets the bar graph and locks on to your new tack.
All this happens 100% automatically; you donÂ?t need to press any buttons to make it happen. The ProStart constantly crunches the numbers for you in the background so that, whenever you happen to glance at the instrument, you can see how far youÂ?re up or down.
Flashback to glory.
You won't find a single sailor, be it an Opti kid or seasoned pro who doesnÂ?t get a kick out of seeing how fast they went.
With the ProStart you can recall your sessionÂ?s absolute maximum and best 10 second average speeds with the click of a single clearly-marked button.
GPS Data Logging.
In addition to providing you real-time, on-the-water data, the ProStart constantly records your speed, heading and position to keep a running log of your most recent 30 hours of sailing. Once you get back to shore you can download this data to your Mac or PC and create race replay animations.
- Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots
- Heading Resolution: 1°
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (once every 0.5s)
- Water Resistance: 3m / 10 ft (IPX-8)
- Display: 30mm / 1.18” digit height 120° viewing cone
- Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded at 0.5 Hz (once every 2s), 30hr capacity.
- Data download is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows
- Batteries: 3 x AA 20+ hr endurance, rechargeable or disposable
- Dimensions: 120mm x 175mm x 40mm / 4.72” x 6.89” x 1.57”
- Weight Including Batteries: 448g / 0.99lb
- Bracket Compatibility: Velocitek ProStart Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket.
- GPS Chipset: u-blox LEA-5M Warranty: One year
- Velocitek ProStart
- Mounting cradle (compatible with Velocitek Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket)
- USB cable
- Two Velocitek stickers
- Top button label stickers
- Quick Start Guide
- Nylon storage sleeve